The Office of the State Fire Marshal provides oversight of the fireworks industry in Kansas, including licensing and registration of fireworks wholesalers and retailers. Our office supports and promotes safe design and use of all types of fireworks.
For laws, rules and regulations pertaining to fireworks in Kansas, please visit the Rules and Regulations section.
Fireworks Test Dates
Test Date Test Time Test Location Application Cutoff Date
Oct. 17, 2020 1:30 p.m. Inman Oct. 5, 2020
Oct. 17, 2020 10 a.m. Kansas City Metro Oct. 5, 2020
**Date could change or be cancelled due to regional Covid-19 restrictions. For updates or questions, please email Carolyn Lowry or call 785-296-8984.
- Application for Display Fireworks Storage Site Permit (PDF)
- Application for Display Operator Permit - New (PDF)
- Application for Display Operator Permit - Renewal (PDF)
- Application for Distributor Permit (PDF)
- Application for Hobbyist Manufacturer Permit (PDF)
- Application for Manufacturer Permit (PDF)
- Application for Proximate Pyrotechnic Permit (New) (PDF)