The Office of the State Fire Marshal provides oversight of the fireworks industry in Kansas, including licensing and registration of fireworks wholesalers and retailers. Our office supports and promotes safe design and use of all types of fireworks.
For laws, rules and regulations pertaining to fireworks in Kansas, please visit the Rules and Regulations section.
Fireworks Test Dates
Test Date Test Time Test Location Application Cutoff Date
May 1, 2021 1:30 p.m. Inman April 19, 2021
May 8, 2021 10 a.m. Wichita CLASS IS FULL
May 22, 2021 9 a.m. Iola May 10, 2021
May 22, 2021 5 p.m. Altamont CLASS IS FULL
May 29, 2021 10 a.m. Kansas City May 17, 2021
**Date could change or be cancelled due to regional Covid-19 restrictions. For updates or questions, please email Carolyn Lowry or call 785-296-8984.
- Application for Display Fireworks Storage Site Permit (PDF)
- Application for Display Operator Permit - New (PDF)
- Application for Display Operator Permit - Renewal (PDF)
- Application for Distributor Permit (PDF)
- Application for Hobbyist Manufacturer Permit (PDF)
- Application for Manufacturer Permit (PDF)
- Application for Proximate Pyrotechnic Permit (New) (PDF)