The Office of the State Fire Marshal provides oversight of the fireworks industry in Kansas, including licensing and registration of fireworks wholesalers and retailers. Our office supports and promotes safe design and use of all types of fireworks.
For laws, rules and regulations pertaining to fireworks in Kansas, please visit the Rules and Regulations section.
2022 Fireworks Test Dates
Test Date Test Time Test Location Application Cutoff Date
May 28, 2022 9 a.m. Wichita May 16, 2022
June 4, 2022 10 a.m. Moscow May 23, 2022
You may also test in our office by appointment. Applicants must schedule two days in advance; no walk-ins allowed. Please send an email to email@example.com to schedule an appointment.
For updates or questions, please email Carolyn Lowry or call 785-296-8984.
- Application for Display Fireworks Storage Site Permit (PDF)
- Application for Display Operator Permit - New (PDF)
- Application for Display Operator Permit - Renewal (PDF)
- Application for Distributor Permit (PDF)
- Application for Hobbyist Manufacturer Permit (PDF)
- Application for Manufacturer Permit (PDF)
- Application for Proximate Pyrotechnic Permit (New) (PDF)