Statutes & Regulations
Primary Kansas Statutes
The statutes granting authority to the Office of the State Fire Marshal are almost entirely contained in Chapter 31 of the Kansas Statutes Annotated. This chapter is titled Fire Protection. Other authority is granted throughout the Kansas Statutes Annotated; all of these statutes have been collected for your convenience.
Office of the State Fire Marshal Kansas Statute Documents
Primary Kansas Administrative Regulations
The regulations implemented by the Office of the State Fire Marshal are found in Chapter 22 of the Kansas Administrative Regulations. Other regulations pertaining to fire protection, fire departments, arson and law enforcement, or municipalities have been provided for topical convenience.
- KAR 22-1 - Kansas Fire Prevention Code
- KAR 22-10 - Installation and Certification Standards for Extinguishing Devices
- KAR 22-11 - Adult Care Homes, Hospitals, Residential Care Facilities and Maternity Centers
- KAR 22-13 - Places of Assembly
- KAR 22-17 - Sale and Distribution of Early Warning, Fire Suppression or Fire Alarm Devices
- KAR 22-19 - Certification of Fire Investigators
- KAR 22-21 - Christmas Decorations
- KAR 22-22 - Fire Department Vehicles